Clacton: Man, 28, is attacked in street robbery
- Credit: Archant
A 28-year-old man was punched and had his rucksack taken in a robbery in Clacton.
Police want to hear from anyone with information about the robbery which took place in Thoroughgood Road between midnight and 12.20am on Thursday.
The man was walking along the road when he was approached from behind and had his rucksack pulled from his shoulder.
He was also punched to the face and fell to the floor suffering cuts and bruises to his face. The suspects then ran off.
DC Lee Winfield, from Clacton CID, said: “Unfortunately the victim was not able to get a good look at his attackers and we currently have no description. But I would like to hear from anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour in this area or who has come across any of the distinctive stolen property.
You may also want to watch:
“The bag was a black McKenzie backpack with the letter ‘M’ on the back. It contained a pair of black, size eight, suede puma trainers - worth £60, black skinny jeans – worth £20, a blue polo shirt with a lighthouse motif on the left chest - worth £25, and some hair gel.
“If anyone has been offered any of these items or finds them I would ask them to call me at Clacton Police Station on 101.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 8 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts