Clacton man arrested after woman dies in A14 crash in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A man from Clacton has been arrested after a woman died following a crash on the A14 in Cambridgeshire yesterday.
The woman was a passenger in a Peugeot E7 which was involved in a collision with two lorries on the westbound carriageway of the A14 near Girton shortly before 5pm yesterday (January 4), a Cambridgeshire Constabulary spokesman said.
Emergency services were called to the scene and firefighters reportedly freed the woman from the vehicle.
Police announced this morning that the woman had died.
The incident took place at the A14-M11 Girton interchange.
You may also want to watch:
A man who was driving the vehicle was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries. A second man received minor injuries as a result of the collision.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic collision on the A14 near Griton yesterday (January 4) at 4.54pm.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 6 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 7 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
“Two ambulance, two rapid response vehicles, three ambulance officers, two units from our Hazardous Area Response Team, and the East Anglian Air Ambulance rapid response vehicle attended the scene to treat two patients.
“Despite the best efforts of all at the scene, one patient sadly died. The other patient was taken to hospital for further treatment.”
A 55-year-old man from Clacton-on-Sea has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He remains in custody, the force said this morning.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to call the Road Policing Unit at Cambridgeshire Constabulary on 101 quoting incident 319 of January 4.