Clacton: Man assaulted and robbed while walking through park
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
WITNESSES are being sought to an assault and robbery in a park in Jaywick, near Clacton in the early hours of this morning.
A 21-year-old man was walking through the park near to Cross Ways, Jaywick when he was set upon by up to four men.
All four were described as white – three were aged 20-25 and they all wore bandanas across their faces.
Another was medium build, around 5ft 10ins and wore a peak cap with a gold “New Error” badge.
This man was in possession of a small knife.
The other man was younger and shorter and he had short dark shaved hair.
The men stole a silver locket and chain which was wrapped round the victim’s wrist and had great sentimental value, £40 cash and house keys. The victim was also kicked several times and sustained several minor injuries.
- 1 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 7 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 10 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
Detectives in Clacton are asking for any witnesses who were in the area to contact them.
Dc Jo Mangham said: “The silver locket and chain was of sentimental value to the victim and I would like to hear from anyone who comes across this item.”
Contact Clacton Serious Crime team on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.