Clacton: Man charged in murder probe
A MAN is due to appear in court this afternoon after being charged with conspiring to murder.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service shortly after 6am on March 15 following reports that a man in his 20s had been stabbed several times on Dudley Road in Clacton. Officers arrived to find a man with multiple injuries. He is now recovering at home.
Edwin Schreech-Powell was originally arrested later that month and released on police bail pending further enquiries. He was re-arrested on July 2 and has now been charged with one count of conspiracy to murder, one count of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply and one count of supplying a Class A drug. The 30-year-old chef from Garth Road in South Ockendon was detained in police custody prior to his appearance at Southend Magistrates Court today.
Three other men from south-west Essex are due to stand trial in connection with the stabbing later this summer.
Daniel Yates, 40, of Araglen Avenue, South Ockendon, was charged with one count of attempted murder and one count of causing Grievous Bodily Harm.
Robert Knight, a 50-year-old driver from Lowlands Road in Aveley, and Dale Frame, a 25-year-old window fitter from Broxbourn Drive in South Ockedon, were each charged with one count of causing Grievous Bodily Harm.
All three men are currently remanded in court custody prior their trial at Chelmsford Crown Court on Tuesday, September 11.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 8 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 9 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss