Clacton man charged with murder of fellow Essex resident in Grimsby
- Credit: PA NEWS
A Clacton man has appeared in court today charged with the murder of his older brother, also from the town.
Sheikh Zubair Hamidi, 48, was found dead at a flat in Grimsby on Tuesday morning after a call to Humberside Police.
A post mortem examination found the Clacton resident, of Bangladeshi origin, died as a result of multiple head injuries.
It is understood Mr Hamidi was renovating the flat which he owned.
Junaid Hamidi, 28, of Flowers Road, Clacton, appeared in Grimsby and Cleethorpes Magistrates’ Court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
He is Mr Hamidi’s younger brother.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Hull Crown Court on Monday.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
Family liaison officers from Humberside Police have been in Clacton to support the victim’s family.