Inquest opens into death of Hayden Hills found lying in Clacton’s Cambridge Road
- Credit: Lucy taylor
A 20-year-old man found lying in a Clacton street is being named as an inquest opened into his death.
Hayden Hills was discovered in Cambridge Road with facial injuries and a swelling to his head on October 5, 2017.
Police in Essex were originally treating the death of Mr Hills, who lived in the town, as suspicious.
They requested a post-mortem examination, which was later conducted by Dr Benjamin Swift.
Opening an inquest into Mr Hills’ death at Essex Coroner’s Court in Chelmsford today, coroner’s officer David Dinnell said: “Mr Hills was found lying in Cambridge Road, Clacton-on-Sea with facial injuries and swelling to his head.
“His death was subsequently confirmed.”
Toxicology tests were also carried out but Dr Swift was unable to ascertain Mr Hills’ cause of death.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 10 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
The inquest was opened and adjourned until March 20.