Clacton: Man is repeatedly punched despite handing over more than £100 to attacker
- Credit: citizenside.com
Stealing more than £100 was not enough for one man who then started punching his victim in the face.
Detectives are investigating the robbery which took place in Oxford Road, at the junction with Harrow Road, in Clacton between 11.30pm and midnight on Monday.
A man was walking in the direction of the town when he was approached by another man who demanded he hand over “everything he was carrying”.
Despite giving the man the cash he was still punched twice in the face, causing cuts and bruises.
The attacker is described as white, about 5ft 9in tall, of medium build and in his mid-20s. He was wearing a blue or grey hooded top with the hood pulled up.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly before the robbery the victim believes another man had been in company with the attacker. This man had a push bike and is believed to have turned down Harrow Road just after the victim had entered into Oxford Road.
Investigating officer, DC Mo Crawley, said: “Just as the attacker walked away into Harrow Road, after the robbery, a car drove by in Oxford Road. We believe the people in this car may have seen the attacker and could provide us with vital information and would urge them to get in touch.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
“I would also like to hear from anyone who has any information about who may be responsible for this crime.”
Call Clacton Police Station on 101, alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.