Clacton: Man seriously injured while trying to stop argument
A MAN was seriously injured when he tried to stop an argument between a man and a woman in Clacton.
The victim, his girlfriend and a male friend, all in their early 20s and from the Clacton area, tried talking to the rowing pair in Pier Avenue but they started to assault the two men.
During the brawl, in the early hours of this morning, the victim suffered serious cuts to his head and leg and is now in hospital. The other man sustained minor injuries.
Investigating officer DS Jules Cole said: “The suspects were having a row in the street when the three people tried to calm things down.
“But the man and woman quickly turned against him and the two men were injured, one seriously.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not sure what was used to cause the injuries but we believe it may have been broken glass. We believe the man caused the injuries, but the woman may also have been involved in the attack.”
The incident happened at about 1am near the council offices in Pier Avenue.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 4 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
DS Cole added: “The man with the serious injuries is in a stable condition in hospital but he might need cosmetic surgery to the wound to his head.
“It was an extremely nasty attack on people who were just trying to help and we want to hear from anyone who saw what happened or from anyone who can identify the man and woman involved.
“We believe that a number of people were leaving the nearby Warwick Arms pub at the time and they could be important witnesses.”
The woman was in her late teens, about 5ft 5ins, of slim build and had shoulder-length brown hair.
She was wearing a dress that was high at the front, low at the back and with a zip on the front with black high-heel shoes.
The man was white, skinny, about the same height and in his late teens or early 20s.
Anyone with information should call DS Cole at Clacton Serious Crime Team on 101.