Clacton: Man treated after flat fire

A 42-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation today after a cooker fire at his Essex flat.

Two fire crews were called to the incident in Empire Court, Warwick Road, in Clacton at 5am today.

They arrived to find the fire – which started in a cooker – had already been put out, but used a thermal imaging camera to check for any remaining hotspots.

The man was given oxygen therapy by firefighters before paramedics arrived to give him further treatment on scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus