Man threatened with knife during daylight street robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man was threatened at knifepoint and forced to hand over cash during a street robbery in broad daylight.
The robbery took place outside the Post Office on Old Road in Clacton.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was approached by a man he did not know at sometime between 1pm and 3pm on Thursday, April 2.
After a brief exchange, the victim was threatened with a knife.
The victim gave over a two-figure sum of cash he had on him and fled the scene.
Essex Police have released a description of the man with the knife.
He is described as white and being aged in his 40s. He was of average build, and had a bald head and large ears.
- 1 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 2 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 3 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 10 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
Anyone with information about the incident, or who may recognise the description of the man with the knife, is asked to call Clacton CID on 101, quoting the reference number 42/50346/20.
Alternatively you can speak to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or submitting information through their website.