Clacton-on-Sea: Mother pays tribute to motorcyclist named as Joe Francis following Weeley Heath crash
- Credit: Archant
A family has paid tribute to a “dearly loved son, brother and friend” after a motorcyclist who died following a serious crash was named as Joe Francis.
The 24-year-old, from Clacton-on-Sea, died at Colchester General Hospital after the incident in Bentley Road, Weeley Heath on Monday, May 13.
Vicki Reeve, his mother, issued the following statement on behalf of the family.
“Joe was tragically killed in a road crash during the afternoon of Monday, May 13.
“He was a dearly loved son, brother and friend to everyone that knew him. All the family members and friends will greatly miss Joe very much.
You may also want to watch:
“The family request to be left alone and allowed to grieve at this very difficult time.”
Police are re-appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
A police spokesman added: “Mr Francis appears to have lost control of his bike and it left the road. He was taken to hospital, where he later died.”
Call police on 101 to help with their investigations.