Clacton-on-Sea: Mother pays tribute to motorcyclist named as Joe Francis following Weeley Heath crash
- Credit: Archant
A family has paid tribute to a “dearly loved son, brother and friend” after a motorcyclist who died following a serious crash was named as Joe Francis.
The 24-year-old, from Clacton-on-Sea, died at Colchester General Hospital after the incident in Bentley Road, Weeley Heath on Monday, May 13.
Vicki Reeve, his mother, issued the following statement on behalf of the family.
“Joe was tragically killed in a road crash during the afternoon of Monday, May 13.
“He was a dearly loved son, brother and friend to everyone that knew him. All the family members and friends will greatly miss Joe very much.
“The family request to be left alone and allowed to grieve at this very difficult time.”
Police are re-appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 3 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 4 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 5 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 9 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 10 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
A police spokesman added: “Mr Francis appears to have lost control of his bike and it left the road. He was taken to hospital, where he later died.”
Call police on 101 to help with their investigations.