Clacton-on-Sea: Police officer charged with sexual assault
- Credit: Archant
An Essex Police officer has been charged with seven counts of sexual assaults.
Pc Neil Culham, based in Clacton-on-Sea, was arrested in February following allegations made by two women that they had been touched in an inappropriate sexual manner on separate occasions between August 2012 and January 2013.
Essex Police’s Professional Standards Department launched an investigation, supervised by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
The 40-year-old Essex officer, who is currently suspended from duty, was charged on Friday with seven counts of sexual touching and one count of perverting the course of justice.
He was released on police bail prior to his appearance at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on September 2.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Essex Police wish to reassure members of the public that these matters are treated very seriously.
“Essex Police would like to encourage anyone with further information regarding this case, or concerns of a similar nature, to come forward. All such matters will be dealt with in strictest confidence by our Professional Standards Department.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer