Clacton-on-Sea: Teenagers kick boy, 13, off bike in park robbery
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2009
A 13-year-old boy was robbed of his bicycle when confronted by four teenagers in a park in north-east Essex.
The victim was cycling home across the playing fields at Rush Green Road in Clacton-on-Sea when he was surrounded by a group of four youngsters, believed to be aged 15 to 17.
They kicked the back of his bike, causing him to fall to the ground, before taking the bicycle, an Essex Police spokesman said.
The incident took place at about 4.30pm on Saturday.
The bike is described as a black and white “Big Daddy” BMX with black plastic wheels.
You may also want to watch:
The suspects were boys aged 15 to 17, white, and were wearing hoodies and tracksuits.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have information about the robbery.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Investigating, Dc Claire Strachan said: “This must have been a very distressing ordeal for the boy involved, who was simply trying to cycle home.
“I really need to speak to anyone who may have seen these boys in the area of the playing fields on Saturday afternoon.”
Anyone with information is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.