Clacton: One man suffers broken jaw and another left unconscious after assault
- Credit: Archant
One man was left with a broken jaw and another was knocked unconscious in a late-night assault.
Police in Clacton were called to Orwell Road in the early hours of Saturday, July 5 following a report of a disturbance.
They found two men with assault injuries, who were treated by the ambulance service before being taken to hospital.
A 21-year-old man from Wickford was treated for a fractured jaw and a broken nose. He had also had several teeth were knocked out after he was punched and fell against a wall.
The other man, aged 25 from the Chelmsford area, was knocked unconscious and taken to hospital to be checked out and later discharged.
The two men had been in the Fifth Avenue bar shortly before the incident, and the suspect can only be described as a white man wearing a ripped white t-shirt and black jeans.
Anyone with information should contact DC Luke Howard at Clacton CID on 101.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 6 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 7 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 8 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 9 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm