Clacton: Pair sought for Carphone Warehouse robbery
Police in Essex are trying to trace two men responsible for a robbery at a shop on a retail park in Clacton.
The pair entered the Carphone Warehouse on Brook Retail Park in London Road just after 5pm on Wednesday.
One of the men engaged staff in conversation while the second walked straight to the staff room door and kicked it open.
The first man then pushed the two staff members into the rear of the shop. The second suspect then grabbed a number of phones from the store room before both men fled via a fire door at the back of the shop.
Neither of the staff were badly hurt but both were left shaken by what happened.
The first man is described as being of mixed race with a round face. He was at least 5ft 9in tall.
The second man was white, slightly taller than the first, and was wearing a black beany hat.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 3 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 4 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 5 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 6 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 7 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
Detective Sergeant Phil Terry, of Clacton CID, said: “The retail park is quite a busy area especially at around this time of day.
“To get to the nearby petrol station you have to drive past the Carphone Warehouse so I believe there is a good chance that motorists may have seen these two men.”
Anyone with information about the robbery can call Clacton CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.