Clacton: Parking restrictions relaxed in bid to boost town centre
- Credit: Archant
New moves to increase the amount of time shoppers are allowed to park in Clacton town centre have been welcomed by traders as a big boost for business.
Limited waiting areas which were previously for one hour have been extended to two hours – and even three in some cases.
As part of the initiative, extra taxi parking and disabled parking spaces have also been created.
Tim Thomas, who owns Hoop Hair Salon in Rosemary Road, campaigned for the increased hours.
He said: “I can honestly say that we are already seeing the extra time for shoppers and customers having a positive impact on our business.”
You may also want to watch:
Nick Turner, Tendring District Council cabinet member for environment and coast protection, said the idea was to improve the vitality and viability of the town centre after listening carefully to traders’ concerns and ideas.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury