Clacton: Pet dog missing following house burglary
- Credit: Archant
A PET dog has gone missing after burglars raided a home in Clacton.
It is believed the homeowner’s Staffordshire five-year-old bull terrier, Jess, may have ran off during the burglary.
The dog is described as having brindle colouring with a white neck and one white paw.
The incident happened at a property in Dudley Road, Clacton between 8.15am and 3.15pm on Wednesday, February 6 after thieves gained entrance through an unlocked back door.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “A messy search of the property was made and police are still establishing what, if anything, was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim’s Staffordshire bull terrier is now missing from the address.
“It is possible it ran off during the burglary.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
The pet dog is described as having brindle colouring with a white neck and one white paw.
Anyone with information about the burglary or who has spotted the dog is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 1111.