Clacton: Pet dog missing following house burglary
- Credit: Archant
A PET dog has gone missing after burglars raided a home in Clacton.
It is believed the homeowner’s Staffordshire five-year-old bull terrier, Jess, may have ran off during the burglary.
The dog is described as having brindle colouring with a white neck and one white paw.
The incident happened at a property in Dudley Road, Clacton between 8.15am and 3.15pm on Wednesday, February 6 after thieves gained entrance through an unlocked back door.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “A messy search of the property was made and police are still establishing what, if anything, was stolen.
“The victim’s Staffordshire bull terrier is now missing from the address.
“It is possible it ran off during the burglary.”
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
The pet dog is described as having brindle colouring with a white neck and one white paw.
Anyone with information about the burglary or who has spotted the dog is asked to call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 1111.