LOOK: Clacton Pier open for business again
- Credit: Archant
Clacton Pier has welcomed back revellers this weekend to a new-look attraction fitted with coronavirus safety measures.
An overcast Saturday turned into a bright and sunny Sunday, with members of the public returning to the seaside attraction for the first time in three months.
The pier had prepared to partially reopen from June 16 but a change of regulation meant it had to wait another two weeks before resuming trading for the first time since lockdown began in March.
Pier director Billy Ball said he was delighted to see the pier open again and that all the preparations had been worthwhile.
Mr Ball said: “It has been a lot of hard work to get all measures in place, but people responded well, followed the guidelines and used the sanitisation equipment that we provided around the landmark.
You may also want to watch:
“We were very encouraged and are now confident that we can run a business in this tricky situation without compromising people’s health and safety – provided they stick to the rules.”
A major part of the pier was open to the public, excluding the soft play and bowling.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 8 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Mr Ball added: “We hope that things will continue in this way and that we do not have to go back into lockdown at some future point.”