LOOK: Clacton Pier open for business again
- Credit: Archant
Clacton Pier has welcomed back revellers this weekend to a new-look attraction fitted with coronavirus safety measures.
An overcast Saturday turned into a bright and sunny Sunday, with members of the public returning to the seaside attraction for the first time in three months.
The pier had prepared to partially reopen from June 16 but a change of regulation meant it had to wait another two weeks before resuming trading for the first time since lockdown began in March.
Pier director Billy Ball said he was delighted to see the pier open again and that all the preparations had been worthwhile.
Mr Ball said: “It has been a lot of hard work to get all measures in place, but people responded well, followed the guidelines and used the sanitisation equipment that we provided around the landmark.
“We were very encouraged and are now confident that we can run a business in this tricky situation without compromising people’s health and safety – provided they stick to the rules.”
A major part of the pier was open to the public, excluding the soft play and bowling.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 7 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 10 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
Mr Ball added: “We hope that things will continue in this way and that we do not have to go back into lockdown at some future point.”