Clacton: Police publish Efit of man wanted in attempted robbery
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES have released an Efit image of a man wanted in connection with an attempted robbery at a playing field in Clacton.
The incident happened at Knox Field off Knox Road at about 12.10pm on Tuesday, April 16.
An Essex police spokesman said: “The victim, a local woman in her 20s, was walking across the field when a man approached her, grabbed her by the arm and told her to empty her pockets.
“But a man walking his dog nearby saw what was happening, shouted at the suspect and rushed to help the woman. The suspect then ran off.”
Investigating officer, Dc Claire Lukey, said: “Unfortunately the man who prevented this robbery left the scene before the police arrived so we do not have his details.
You may also want to watch:
“We also want to hear from anyone who was at the playing fields at the time and might have seen the man hanging around or running off after the incident.”
The suspect was believed to be aged in his mid-20s, about 5ft 3in tall, of slim build and of mixed heritage. He was wearing a grey hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.