Clacton: Police want to speak to woman in connection with burglary
- Credit: Archant
A gold watch, gold wedding band and an iPad have been stolen during a burglary in Clacton.
Thieves jemmied open the French doors of a house in Harwich Road, Beaumont, before making a messy search of the house between 3.30pm and 4.30pm yesterday.
The thieves also caused about £500 damage to the French doors.
The gold watch had the name ‘Josephine Spooner’ inscribed on the back.
Investigating officer, Pc Wendy Crowson, said: “At about the same time as the burglary a woman had knocked on a neighbour’s door asking for water for her car which was overheating.
You may also want to watch:
“A yellow van was then seen driving off not long after the female had knocked on the door.”
The woman is described as in her early 20s, of slim build, and about 5ft 8ins tall. She had freckles and distinctive gappy, bucked teeth and light brown hair, tied up in a ponytail. She was wearing tight black leggings and a black cropped top.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Crowson or her colleagues at Clacton police station on 101.