110 luxury homes vision for former hospital site
A former hospital could be turned into more than 100 luxury homes, it has been revealed.
Healthcare services moved out of the ageing Essex County Hospital last year, so that more modern services could be provided at another site.
Essex Housing is now bringing forward plans to redevelop the site for housing, with a vision to build high-quality one-bedroom and three-bedroom apartments, as well as three-bedroom and four-bedroom townhouses.
Open space in front of the main hospital building would also be revived, along with "pocket parks" created to give residents some green space.
Essex Housing is now holding drop-in sessions between 11am and 2.30pm on Saturday, May 18 and from 4pm to 8pm on Wednesday, May 22 so people can give their views about the development ahead of it submitting a planning application later this year.
You may also want to watch:
The drop-in sessions will take place at the Colchester English Study Centre in Lexden Road.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival