Clacton: Renewed appeal to trace suspected killer ten years after Sandra Grant’s disappearance
- Credit: Archant
Renewed appeals have been made to trace the suspected killer of a Clacton woman who disappeared ten years ago.
Sandra Grant was last seen by her family on Friday, November 14, 2003. They are said to have been living a “painful life” over the past decade and are desperate for answers.
Sandra was known to have visited a soup kitchen in Clacton on the Saturday where she met two friends with whom she went for a drink at a nearby flat with another man.
Sandra is believed to have left the flat during the evening, though it is not known what happened to her after.
Essex Police’s investigating officer Dc Sue Jenkins said: “We have never stopped looking at this case.
You may also want to watch:
“Sandra’s children have been living a painful life during this past decade.
“They don’t know what happened to their mother nor why anyone hasn’t come forward with information which answers this key question.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
“We have continued to work through the material which has come into the incident room from members of the public, but at this time there is obviously a key piece of information which is missing and is why we are making another appeal for people living the community to come forward.
“Someone working and residing in the seaside resort knows what happened to Sandra and we, and Sandra’s children, need them to contact us.
Sandra was a 48-year-old divorced mother of four adult children at the time of her disappearance.
She lived alone at a flat on Wellesley Road in Clacton and was once well known around town where she would meet fellow drinkers in the town centre’s shopping area.
She had regular contact with her family and was due to meet one of her daughters several days after her disappearance, but never showed up.