Clacton residential home evacuated after fire breaks out in third floor bathroom
- Credit: Archant
A residential home in Clacton-on-sea was evacuated today after a fire broke out in a third floor bathroom.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze in Orwell Road at around 5.35pm today, Friday, December 8.
Fire crews from Clacton and Weeley attended the incident.
A fire spokesman said: “Crews were called to a residential home after a fire in a third floor bathroom was discovered.
“Residents were evacuated and firefighters extinguished the fire by 6.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters stayed at the scene to check for hot spots and dampen down the area to ensure it was cool.
“The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 9 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 10 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub