Clacton residential home evacuated after fire breaks out in third floor bathroom
- Credit: Archant
A residential home in Clacton-on-sea was evacuated today after a fire broke out in a third floor bathroom.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service were called to the blaze in Orwell Road at around 5.35pm today, Friday, December 8.
Fire crews from Clacton and Weeley attended the incident.
A fire spokesman said: “Crews were called to a residential home after a fire in a third floor bathroom was discovered.
“Residents were evacuated and firefighters extinguished the fire by 6.10pm.
“Firefighters stayed at the scene to check for hot spots and dampen down the area to ensure it was cool.
“The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 9 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches