Clacton: Robber leaves empty-handed after attempted bag snatch
- Credit: Archant
A robber was thwarted when he attempted to grab someone’s bag close to Clacton Train Station.
The incident took place shortly before 10am on Wednesday July 23, in a public car park close to the train station, between Carnarvon Road and Skelmersdale Road.
The victim, a young man, was approached from behind and assaulted by another man, who then tried to grab the victim’s bag from his shoulder.
The suspect left empty-handed, though, as the victim managed to cling onto his bag.
Dc Roger Henderson said: “I am urging anyone with any information to come forward. This incident happened on a very busy section of road and in broad daylight.
You may also want to watch:
“I would especially like to hear from anyone who may have seen a male running away from the scene.”
The suspect is described as being a black male, around 25 years old, 6 ft tall, with a small afro.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 10 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
He was seen wearing a dark navy tracksuit with blue and white Nike Air Max trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Henderson at Clacton Police Station on 101.