Clacton: Robber leaves empty-handed after attempted bag snatch
- Credit: Archant
A robber was thwarted when he attempted to grab someone’s bag close to Clacton Train Station.
The incident took place shortly before 10am on Wednesday July 23, in a public car park close to the train station, between Carnarvon Road and Skelmersdale Road.
The victim, a young man, was approached from behind and assaulted by another man, who then tried to grab the victim’s bag from his shoulder.
The suspect left empty-handed, though, as the victim managed to cling onto his bag.
Dc Roger Henderson said: “I am urging anyone with any information to come forward. This incident happened on a very busy section of road and in broad daylight.
“I would especially like to hear from anyone who may have seen a male running away from the scene.”
The suspect is described as being a black male, around 25 years old, 6 ft tall, with a small afro.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 3 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 6 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 7 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 8 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 9 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 10 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
He was seen wearing a dark navy tracksuit with blue and white Nike Air Max trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Henderson at Clacton Police Station on 101.