Clacton: Search continues for missing hospital patient David Royle
Police are today continuing to search for a 66-year-old patient missing from Clacton Hospital.
David Royle, was last seen on Friday evening in the Boley Drive area of the town.
Mr Royle is white, about 5ft 5ins tall and of slim build. He has a beard and shoulder-length light brown and grey hair, thinning on top but swept back and combed.
When last seen he was wearing a dark blazer, trousers, light-coloured shirt and tie and a flat cap.
Inspector Gary Chapman, who has been leading the search today, said: “We now have a very recent photograph of Mr Royle and although it is of poor quality it does show him in a flat hat and smartly dressed.
You may also want to watch:
“The search will be continuing today and the Essex Police mounted unit and marine unit will be involved in searches of more remote areas and waterways.
“We will also be joined by volunteers from the local Lowland Search and Rescue Unit.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“We would also appeal to all dog walkers or ramblers to look out for Mr Royle if they are walking across the open and remote areas around Clacton.
“If anyone has seen Mr Royle they should phone officers at Clacton on 101 immediately.”