Clacton: Thieves take custom-made cooling tent after mistaking it for bouncy castle
- Credit: Archant
A large inflatable tent stolen from a business in Clacton may have been taken after being mistaken for a bouncy castle.
The owners now believe that the tent – used for chilling drinks and food at special events – could have been abandoned by the thieves.
The tent, which inflates to 30ft by 18ft, and associated refrigeration equipment, was stolen from a unit at Brunel Way.
Staff discovered the theft on June 23 but the equipment, together valued at a five-figure sum, could have been taken during the previous two weeks.
Company director Anthony Hill said: “This is a custom-made unit which is a large tent and cooling equipment that can be used for a wide range of applications.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe it could have been taken by someone who thought it was a bouncy castle. But if they blew it up in a back garden and realised just how big it is they might want to get rid of it.”
Police have issued a photograph of the inflated tent and have appealed for help from the public about the theft.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
Any witnesses or anyone with information about the whereabouts of the tent and equipment should contact the investigating officer Pc Graham White at Clacton police station on 101.