Clacton: Three care home residents rescued from fire

THREE elderly residents were treated by paramedics today after a fire broke out in a residential home.

Firefighters from Frinton and Weeley were called out to the blaze at Brandon House in Jackson Road, Clacton, at 12.40am after a fire broke out in a bedroom of the two-storey property.

Among those rescued from the care home were three residents - two women aged 63 and 80 and a man aged 70 - who were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Fire crews had the flames under control by 1.30am and ventilated the home with a high pressure fan.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus