Clacton: Vintage vehicles attract crowd of admirers
- Credit: Archant
A collection of classics lined up for a biannual display of vintage vehicles in Essex.
Clacton Classic Car Club welcomed 270 motors to Parish Fields for a nostalgic celebration of all things automotive.
Among the standout vehicles admired by visitors was a rare Riley RM roadster, which caught the eye of club chairman Colin McLean, who brought along one of his own collection - a Hillman Avenger estate.
Mr McLean said: “We had a great day. The crowd seemed to really enjoy themselves and got to see a vast array very nice motors.”
The event, from which some proceeds go to local charities, also included entertainment and trade stand selling various items, from handcrafted jewellery to specialist pies and cheeses.
You may also want to watch:
The next Clacton Classics day is scheduled for May 2014.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies