Clacton: Woman hurt at seafront nightclub
A 25-year-old woman suffered a broken collar bone and had to be taken to hospital following reports of an assault at a seafront nightclub, in Clacton.
The incident happened at Wahoo, on Marine Parade West, shortly after 11.30pm on Friday. August 3, and yesterday police put out an appeal for anyone who may have seen the alleged attack, to come forward.
Essex Police said the victim was ejected from the nightclub by doorstaff along with a friend. She was taken down some steps at the side of the property and sustained a broken collar bone while her friend was uninjured.
Investigating officer, Dc Derek Lee, said: “The steps which this woman were taken down are on the seafront side of the club.
“There is no CCTV footage of the incident so we’re looking to speak with those revellers who saw the woman being ejected by the doorstaff.”
You may also want to watch:
The victim was conveyed by paramedics to Colchester General Hospital on the night and she then contacted police the following day.
Last night nobody from the nightclub was available to comment about the incident.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
Anyone with information in connection with this assault is urged to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 101.