Clacton: Young man escapes unscathed during attempted robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to the attempted robbery of a man in Clacton.
At about 10.15pm on Friday, November 30, a 22-year-old man from Clacton was approached from behind while walking in the park behind St Johns Road, near the fire station.
He was pulled backwards and then the suspects asked to see in his bag. When he declined a multi-tool including a knife blade was shown to him, at which point he ran away.
The suspects chased him for a short distance before the victim managed to get away uninjured and having nothing stolen.
The man with the knife is described as white, aged between 20 and early 30s, of stocky build, 5ft 9ins tall, with dark razor-cut short hair, light stubble, wearing a black jacket with a hood, blue baggy jeans, white Reebok or Nike trainers, holding a silver multi-tool with a three-inch knife blade.
You may also want to watch:
The other man was also white, 6ft 3ins tall, of skinny build, wearing a dark navy jacket and black scarf which was worn over his face.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the incident or anyone who saw these men to contact Dc Luke Howard at Clacton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke