Clare: Opening of three-day consultation into country park’s future
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Four years’ worth of to-ing and fro-ing over the future of a popular west Suffolk park has gone on display as a decision looms.
Yesterday marked the first day of a public consultation event at Clare Town Hall over the proposed transfer of control of Clare Country Park.
Having been in negotiations since 2010, Clare Town Council and Suffolk County Council are close to concluding a deal that would see the county pay the town council a six-figure sum to take on the park’s ownership and maintenance.
The public consultation runs until Saturday and features displays from the town and county council, as well as all the relevant documentation.
This will be followed by a public meeting on Thursday and a town council meeting on Wednesday, August 13, where a decision will be made.
You may also want to watch:
The consultation is open from 4-8pm today and 2-5pm on Saturday. Visit www.clare-suffolk.co.uk
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 8 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure