Clare: Paramedics treat four people for smoke effects in house fire
SIX crews of fire firefighters drawn from Suffolk and Essex battled a blaze at a house in Clare.
The alarm was raised shortly after 11am that a fire had broken out in the kitchen of a property in Callis Street, Clare, near Sudbury.
Initially crews from Clare and Long Melford were sent to the scene.
However, at 11.20 crews at the scene called for extra help and the number of engines at the scene rose to six.
A fire service spokesman said the fire was “well developed” in the kitchen area of the two-storey domestic property, which measures 10m x 10m.
You may also want to watch:
East of England Ambulance Service attended and treated four people suffering the effects of breathing in smoke.
The fire was out by 1.07pm.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm