Teenager appears in court in connection with suspected drug offences
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been charged in connection with suspected drug offences in Bury St Edmunds.
It follows an incident which saw police search a car in Petticoat Lane on Friday, May 17 at approximately 10.30am.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and questioned at the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
He was later charged with two offences of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property, namely a quantity of cash.
Naseem Edwards, of Winchelsea Road in London, appeared before Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Saturday where he was remanded in custody pending an appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on June 14.
You may also want to watch:
A 49-year-old man from London was also arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug.
He has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour