Iconic classic cars to go display at show by picturesque lake
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of iconic vintage, pre-war, post-war, classic, modern and super cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles are all set to go on show in a bid to raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
More than 650 of them are lined up to take part in the Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake being held at Fornham St Martin, near Bury St Edmunds. It takes place on Sunday, September 2, and is hoped to raise thousands of pounds for the charity.
Since it started, the crowd-pulling show, which is organised by Austin Cornish and the Classic Car Committee, including show president Max Milburn, and hosted by Andrew and Gina Long, of Hall Farm, has raised more than £250,000 for the hospice.
Mr Long said: “We are delighted to be opening Hall Farm to a loyal following of car and motorcycle exhibitors and clubs. The cars and motorcycles are the stars of the show and we think this year’s Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake will be the best yet. As ever, we would like to thank our fantastic team of volunteers who have been involved since day one and our many sponsors. I hope as many people as possible will join us to support this charity.”
The day, which will be sponsored for the second year running by Ashtons Legal and Ensors Chartered Account-ants, will have fun for all of the family. Visitors will be able to enjoy family-friendly rides and entertainment, crafts, food and drink, a Greene King licensed bar and live broadcasting by BBC Radio Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Barbara Gale, the hospice’s chief executive officer, said: “Every year Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake is a firm fixture in our calendar. It is a brilliant family event and one that many of our supporters and the whole community look forward to.”
Those enthusiasts who would like to show off their cars and motorcycles are encouraged to book their place now.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
Entries can be registered online and more information can be found about the event at www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk.
Alternatively to enter a vehicle, enquire about a trade stand or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets for the show cost £8 for adults and £5 for children. Children under 10 go free. Family tickets of two adults and two children can also be purchased for £20 and the show runs from 11am to 4.30pm.