Classic MG sells for £22,000
- Credit: supplied
A 1954 MG Midget TF surpassed its estimate and went under the hammer for £22,000.
Lot 320 at the Diamond Mills antiques and interiors auction at the Orwell Road saleroom in Felixstowe was bought by a private collector from Suffolk who considers that classic cars will prove to be a very good investment for the future.
The MG had an estimate of £15,000 to £18,000 but reached £22,000.
Auctioneer Nigel Papworth, owner and senior partner at Diamond Mills, said the car had attracted a lot of pre-auction interest with two or three bidders attending the sale.
“It was a very interesting and relatively unusual item for us to handle.”
The classic MG was in good restored condition with 56,769 miles on the clock.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 9 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week