Claydon: Teacher died in accident at home after drinking too much
CLAYDON: A supply teacher died as the result of a tragic accident after consuming a “very high level” of alcohol at her home, an inquest has heard.
Julia Vickers, 40, was found dead at her home in Claydon on October 14.
An inquest, held yesterday at Ip-City Centre in Bath Street, Ipswich, recorded that she died as the result of an accident.
Greater Suffolk Coroner Dr Peter Dean said police were called to her home in Edinburgh Gardens, Claydon, at 12.47pm on October 14 after being contacted by William Devonshire, Mrs Vickers’ step-father.
Family and friends had been paying her regular visits and when Mr Devonshire received no reply at the front door, he went to the rear of the house where he saw her lying on the kitchen floor.
You may also want to watch:
A medical report read out by Dr Dean explained that post-mortem toxicology tests found she had 374 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood when she died – a “very high” level.
The inquest heard that she had been seeking help from her GP in relation to her troubles with alcohol and had been in contact with the surgery the day before she was found.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
The inquest was told that Mrs Vickers had shared her home with her husband Christopher but the couple had separated.
Dr Dean said: “It’s clear she was trying to do what she could to deal with the problem. It (her death) does appear to be the unintended outcome of consuming excess alcohol.”
The cause of death was found to be respiratory depression and ethanol toxicity and Dr Dean recorded a verdict of accidental death and expressed his condolences to the family present.
n Did you know Mrs Vickers and do you want to pay tribute? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com