Clinicians release health advice as Essex prepares for potential three-day heatwave
- Credit: Archant
Clinicians are urging people in Essex to be prepared for a heatwave this weekend.
The advice has been issued by the North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) ahead of a 70% chance that temperatures will hit heatwave conditions across Saturday and Sunday and into Monday.
Dr Danny Showell, public health consultant at the North East Essex CCG, said: “All sensible people know doing simple things will keep you safe while enjoying the hot weather.
“Drink cool drinks when thirsty, avoid too much direct sun exposure and be generous with the sun cream.
“Keep an eye out for friends, family and neighbours who might be particularly vulnerable: older people, babies and young children, and those with chronic condition such as breathing or heart problems.”
Dr Showell also said to take drinks if you are travelling, and anyone vulnerable to the heat should avoid going out between 11am and 3pm.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking