Fire crews on scene of barn fire in Clopton
Firefighters went to the scene of a barn fire on Martins Lane in the village of Clopton near Wickham Market.
Three engines were sent to the scene from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street.
A spokesman from Suffolk Fire and rescue said that when officers arrived they found a barn containing machinery was alight.
Three hose reel jets and breathing apparatus were used at the incident.
Police and ambulance services were also called to the scene.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said they had been called but told they weren’t required at the scene.
A stop was called on the incident at 3.22pm.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 'It's a very exciting time for us' - Suffolk golf club plans submitted
- 6 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 9 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 10 5 fantastic village shops to visit in Suffolk
Investigations into the cause of the fire are ongoing.