Clouds and showers set to cover East Anglia
WEATHER: Showers and clouds will cover East Anglia this morning as the temperature drops in the region, the Met Office has confirmed.
Umbrellas and hoods are recommended until early afternoon when it is expected to be mainly dry with periods of brightness.
However, temperatures are expected to stay below 6 �C as a strong north-easterly wind is set to create a distinct chill come nightfall.
Scattered wintry showers will return this evening in some parts of the East Anglia, but most areas will stay dry and be frosty by Thursday morning.
Meanwhile, blockages from earlier this morning are causing congestion in two major roads.
You may also want to watch:
There are queues and slow-moving traffic in the westbound A14 Suffolk because of an earlier accident.
The A143 Suffolk at Bury Road in Stanton is also partially blocked in the westbound route near Old Bury Road Junction because of a low branch in the road.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
In addition, temporary traffic lights and roadworks on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Park Road junction could affect drivers going to Lowestoft.