Take part in Club Together and win football equipment for Suffolk’s youth teams
- Credit: Archant
The new football season is just weeks away – and we are getting in on the action by giving Suffolk’s youth football clubs the chance to win a share of £10,000 worth of football equipment.
Club Together is a competition open to all Under-8 to Under-18 football clubs affiliated with Suffolk FA.
From Saturday, July 28, until October 19, Club Together tokens will be printed in every edition of the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star.
How does it work?
All clubs that collect 1,000 tokens will qualify for £100 worth of football equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The top three clubs with the most tokens, calculated on a pro rata basis based on the number of club members, will win prizes of £1,500, £1,000 and £500.
If your child or grandchild is a member of a local football club you can help support them by collecting tokens. As can club managers, treasurers, secretaries and anyone else involved.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Football lovers and other members of the community don’t have to miss out; they can join in too by donating their tokens to their favourite Suffolk football club.
What does the football community think?
Suffolk FA chief executive Richard Neal said: “We are delighted to be involved in this initiative which will benefit boys’ and girls’ youth teams in the county.
“England’s performances at the World Cup in Russia have brought the country together, and the Club Together campaign will extend the feel good factor to youth teams in Suffolk.”
Alex Shipp, marketing and communications officer of the Suffolk Youth League, said: “This is a great opportunity and we encourage all of our 50 clubs and 400 teams to get involved. We are thrilled that the EADT and Ipswich Star are doing this and we know it will be hugely beneficial to all clubs involved.”
How to register
Prize money has to be spent at Total Football in Ipswich – which stocks a wide range of football kit and equipment.
For further information, please contact the promotions team on 01473 324773.