Collect your tokens for £10,000 youth football club giveaway
- Credit: Archant
Today is the day you can start collecting tokens for our Club Together campaign to give Suffolk’s youth football teams the chance to win a share of £10,000 worth of equipment.
Registrations have been coming in for the campaign, with a bumper page of nine Club Together tokens - and an extra one on the back page!
All clubs that register and collect 1,000 tokens will qualify for £100 worth of football equipment.
The top three clubs with the most tokens, calculated on a pro rata basis based on the number of club members, will win prizes of £1,500, £1,000 and £500.
There is no limit on the size of the football clubs entering the Club Together competition. However they must be Under-Eight to Under-18 clubs which are affiliated with the Suffolk FA.
It’s not too late to sign up!
Tokens will be appearing in the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star until October 19.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
You can also show your support by using the #ClubTogether hashtag on social media.
The Suffolk youth football clubs that collect enough tokens will be able to spend their winnings at Total Football in Ipswich, which has supplied the grassroots football community in Suffolk for more than 15 years.
Karen Cornforth, from Total Football, said: “We were really proud to be asked to support the Club Together promotion.
“Suffolk’s grassroots football community is massive and we hope all the fantastic youth clubs get onboard with collecting lots of tokens.
“We can’t wait to see what the winning clubs choose to spend their winnings on.”
Woodbridge Town FC chairman John Beecroft said: “Anything that supports youth football in Suffolk is of great benefit to clubs, both large and small.
“The running costs at grassroots level rise each year and this initiative can help provide the extra kit and equipment to benefit both boys and girls teams across the county.”
He added: “I would encourage all Suffolk FA affiliated teams to sign up. It is also a fantastic way to engage with the community.”