Armed response team and dog unit at scene of police incident
- Credit: Archant
An armed response team and a police dog unit are responding to an incident in a house in Woodbridge.
Officers were initially called to the scene at around 3pm today after residents reported seeing a man holding a large knife near a property in Cobbold Road.
Suffolk police responded due to concerns over the person’s safety and have since locked down the area.
At least five police cars and two ambulances are at the scene and officers have confirmed they are negotiating with the man who remains inside a property.
Officers have added that there is no threat to the wider public.
You may also want to watch:
The police will remain at the scene until the incident is over.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson