Cobras shot down by Hitmen
National LeagueRye House Cobras 36 Buxton 54THE Cobras were shot down by the Hitmen at Rye House on Saturday night.The Kart Raceway Cobras slumped to their fourth home defeat of the season against a play-off chasing Buxton side that fired from a position of top-end strength.
Rye House Cobras 36 Buxton 54
THE Cobras were shot down by the Hitmen at Rye House on Saturday night.
The Kart Raceway Cobras slumped to their fourth home defeat of the season against a play-off chasing Buxton side that fired from a position of top-end strength.
You may also want to watch:
British U21 finalist Ben Taylor was the Hitmen's undefeated star.
Craig Cook and Jade Mudgway also dropped a combined three points as the Derbyshire team's top three romped to 40 of their 54 point total.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
Missing No.1 Danny Halsey, the Cobras, in contrast, relied heavily on Jamie Courtney, whose 13 included three of the side's five race wins.
The other two came from David Mason and teenager Ben Morley, whose night was restricted by no less than three falls but still tigered to paid seven.
The Cobras actually led 13-11 after four races and despite Morley's misfortunes were still in with a shout - at 39-33 down - only to succumb to three successive 5-1s at the end of the match.
Shades of the Rockets at Stoke a week earlier there.
The Cobras have the chance to end their season on a high note when they face defending champions Weymouth at Hoddesdon on Sunday, September 27, the day after the National League Riders Championship (sponsored by www.hireacanalboat.co.uk) also at Rye House.
Rye House: Danny Halsey R/R, Jamie Courtney 13, David Mason 8+1, Dan Blake 0, Rob Smith 7, Mike Bovis 2+1, Ben Morley 6+1.
Buxton: Craig Cook 13+1, Scott James 5+1, Jade Mudgway 13, Greg Blair R/R, Taylor 14+1, Gareth Isherwood 3+2, Lewis Dallaway 6+2.
Match points: Rye House 0 Buxton 3.