Cockfield: Car collides with van and catches fire in ditch
TWO people escaped with only minor injuries after a car collided with a van and left the road before catching fire in a ditch.
The crash happened just after 6pm on the A134 at Cockfield, near Bury St Edmunds.
Fire crews from Melford, Sudbury and Bury arrived soon afterwards to find a commercial van had collided with a car which was on fire, but the driver had escaped in time.
A second person was meanwhile trapped inside the van.
Both casualties, who suffered only minor injuries in the crash, were taken to West Suffolk Hospital in the same ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked in both directions approaching the A1141 junction.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 6 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140