Bury St Edmunds waffle house with Insta-ready interior
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Locally roasted coffee and waffles with gelato on offer at Angel Hill eatery
A waffle house in Bury St Edmunds is offering coffee, brunch, bagels and artisan waffles and – good news for social media addicts – an Insta-ready interior.
While owner Charlotte Hassan prides herself on the locally roasted coffee, and food made using locally sourced produce when possible, she has also created, in her words, an ‘Instagramable’ interior at Lottie’s Artisan Waffles and Coffee.
Inside the waffle house on Angel Hill, there’s a striking wall of silk flowers, as well as a tree made of fresh flowers, flower arrangements on each table and velvet chairs in soft pink and grey.
Charlotte said the independent business has been really popular since it opened in October last year. “People come and relax and have a coffee and good food,” she says. “They love the girly décor.”
But it’s the food and drink they keep coming back for too. “We specialise in coffee that’s roasted in Bury and, using local produce, we offer brunch, filled bagels and sweet waffles,” she adds.
The brunch menu, which is served all day, features an acai bowl and avocado toast.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 10 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
Bagels are available with a range of fillings, such as ham and avocado and smoked salmon and cream cheese.
But the piece de resistance has to be the mouth-watering waffles – bubble or Belgian.
Charlotte says: “I used to have an ice cream van and I wanted to bring gelato to Bury St Edmunds but it’s seasonal, so by offering waffles I can do the two together all year round.”
The cone-shaped bubble waffles include versions such as Unicorn Magic, which includes candyfloss gelato, marshmallows, unicorn Smarties, and bubblegum flavoured sauce, and Caramel Lover, with salted caramel gelato, banana, crushed Biscoff and caramel sauce.
Belgian waffles, which come hot from the irons, include the Chocky Lotties – a large waffle with chocolate gelato and Nutella – and Cookies and Cream, with Oreo gelato, crushed Oreo and chocolate sauce.
You can wash those down with tea, coffee or hot chocolate, including Oreo and Nutella versions, a frappe or milkshake, apple or orange juice or peach lemonade.
The waffle house is open seven days a week and can be booked for afternoon tea, birthday parties and baby showers too.
Parties include a sweet and savoury buffet, milkshakes, a birthday cake of your design and the chance for party-goers to make their own waffles too.
“A lot of people are hiring us out now for parties and baby showers,” Charlotte says. “There are lots of photo opportunities in the shop.”
Watch the video to find out more about Lottie’s Artisan Waffles and Coffee.