Colchester: A 19-year-old man is arrested after assault outside Subway
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Detectives have arrested a man in connection with an assault.
The incident took place on Saturday outside Subway in Queen Street, Colchester between 3am and 3.30am.
A 21-year-old man from north Essex was attacked by a number of men and reportedly kicked whilst on the ground.
A 19-year-old man from the Colchester area was arrested on Christmas Eve on suspicion of assault and was taken to Colchester Police Station for interview.
He was later released on bail pending further enquiries to report back on February 26 next year.
Police are seeking at least six men in connection with the attack and are continuing to appeal for information about the incident and the suspects.
The victim was taken to Colchester General Hospital and has received treatment for a series of facial fractures which will require further specialist treatment.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 5 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 9 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
Anyone with information in connection with this assault is urged to contact detectives at Colchester police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.