Colchester/A12: Men in hospital after crash near Weston Homes Community Stadium ‘lucky’ to avoid serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
Two men in hospital after a crash involving a lorry and a pick-up truck on the A12 near Colchester United’s football ground have been described as “lucky” after avoiding serious injury.
Police and paramedics were called to reports of the three-vehicle collision on the A12 Colchester Bypass northbound near the Axial junction leading to Weston Homes Community Stadium at just after 9am today.
Two men in their 30s were treated for neck and back pain and were taken to Colchester General Hospital as a precaution. Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The crash involved a Ford Transit van with an empty skip, a white Mercedes-Benz Box Van and a silver Ford Ranger with a mini digger on it.
Steve Box, a paramedic officer for the East of England Ambulance Service who attended the scene, said: “The people involved were very lucky to walk away from this after the damage caused to the vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
“We treated two men in their 30s for neck and back pain before conveying them both to Colchester General Hospital as a precaution.”
The incident caused a morning of disruption for motorists before a stretch of the dual carriageway near junction 28 reopened at around 11am.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement