Colchester and Fordham entered into Britain in Bloom 2015 competition
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Green fingered volunteers from two parts of north Essex have been rewarded for their efforts with nominations for Britain in Bloom.
Colchester has been put forward in the city category while Fordham, just outside the town, has been entered in the village section.
Both In Bloom groups saw success in the recent Anglia in Bloom awards, and have now been rewarded by the regional judging team with nominations for the 2015 national competition. Groups cannot enter themselves into the ultimate competition.
Judging will take place in July.
Dave Harris, secretary of the Colchester in Boom group, said: “This was unexpected but we are really pleased. I am jumping for joy.
You may also want to watch:
“To be chosen by other people says a lot, and just to be nominated is an accolade in itself.
“I am hopeful, bring on the judges. I would like to think we could get a gold medal or something.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
Barbara Jones, chairman of Fordham in Bloom, said: “We are so excited, absolutely overwhelmed but really pleased.
“It is a big thing but we are working very hard all of the time.
“We meet fortnightly and have a work party. The whole idea is to enhance the village and make us all feel good about where we live.
“Fordham is a lovely village and we are very proud of it.”