Colchester and Fordham entered into Britain in Bloom 2015 competition
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Green fingered volunteers from two parts of north Essex have been rewarded for their efforts with nominations for Britain in Bloom.
Colchester has been put forward in the city category while Fordham, just outside the town, has been entered in the village section.
Both In Bloom groups saw success in the recent Anglia in Bloom awards, and have now been rewarded by the regional judging team with nominations for the 2015 national competition. Groups cannot enter themselves into the ultimate competition.
Judging will take place in July.
Dave Harris, secretary of the Colchester in Boom group, said: “This was unexpected but we are really pleased. I am jumping for joy.
You may also want to watch:
“To be chosen by other people says a lot, and just to be nominated is an accolade in itself.
“I am hopeful, bring on the judges. I would like to think we could get a gold medal or something.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
Barbara Jones, chairman of Fordham in Bloom, said: “We are so excited, absolutely overwhelmed but really pleased.
“It is a big thing but we are working very hard all of the time.
“We meet fortnightly and have a work party. The whole idea is to enhance the village and make us all feel good about where we live.
“Fordham is a lovely village and we are very proud of it.”