Colchester: Appeal for information following attacks
ESSEX Police are appealing for information following assaults in Colchester, including one in which a student was punched unconscious.
The 18-year-old student was out with friends when he was punched in an unprovoked attack in Culver Street at about 1am last Sunday.
The attacker ran up to the victim for no apparent reason and punched him once to the right side of the jaw. He fell to the ground and chipped a tooth when he hit the pavement.
The injured victim, who is from Brightlingsea, managed to return home but was later taken ill and taken to Colchester Hospital. He was later allowed home after tests.
Investigating officer Pc Michaela Sargant said: “Witnesses have described how the victim was punched with such force that he was probably unconscious before he hit the ground.
You may also want to watch:
“He was unconscious for about five minutes and although he managed to get home he later had to go to hospital because of concerns about his condition.
“The attack happened outside the Halifax bank, close to Head Street and we want to hear from any witnesses and a number of people who went to the assist the victim.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
“The attacker was white, aged about 20 to 25, of athletic build and with short dark hair. He was wearing a white T-shirt.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Sargant at the Clacton Area Investigation Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Essex Police are also appealing for witnesses after two men were attacked by a group of men when they tried to stop a fight in the High Street at about 3.15am on Wednesday.
A 23-year-old man from Maldon was punched in the face and later required hospital treatment to a cut lip. A 19-year-old man from Colchester was punched to the back of the head but did not go to hospital.
Investigating officer Pc Lee Kennedy said: “The assaults happened outside the Greggs shop in the High Street and the two victims were set upon by a group of other men. We want to hear from anyone who saw what happened or might know the suspects involved.”
Anyone who can help should contact Pc Kennedy at the Colchester Area Investigation Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.