Colchester: Assault at University of Essex leaves teen with serious arm injury
A STUDENT was left with serious arm injuries following a glassing at the University of Essex in Colchester.
Officers were initially contacted shortly after 3.30am on Wednesday, October 24 following reports of a fight at Level 2 (bar).
They arrived and found an 18-year-old female student with a serious arm injury following a glassing. She was taken to Broomfield Hospital where she underwent surgery and was later discharged.
A 19-year-old man from Colchester was taken to the local hospital by paramedics after sustaining a number of cuts and bruises to his face during an assault in a toilet. He was later discharged.
A 23-year-old man from the town was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault and later released on police bail until Friday, November 30 pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information in connection with this assault is urged to contact investigating officers at Colchester police station on 101.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off